Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My brother got married to his soulmate last weekend. It was touching to see the way he looked at his bride as she walked down the aisle to meet him. Definite cause for reflection and amazement at seeing my "little brother" in this new way. It was a mix of emotions that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Happiness for sure, because of this new adventure in his life, but also a little sad that now he has a wife and maybe won't have much need or time for me. Ridiculous, I know. It's not like she just emerged out of water the day before the wedding.

They have been dating for a few years and living together as well. So clearly if we spoke on the phone a gjillion times a week before Saturday, we still will, right? It has been a challenge not texting or calling him while he is on his honeymoon. My brother is one of my best friends and I love it! We laugh at the most inappropriate things and assume that we will have the best seats to the punishment corner in hell for doing so.

Anyway, my husband, daughter, and I were asked to be in the wedding and unfortunately because of finances husband and I had to decline and participate in other ways. Madeline was still a flower girl and I have to say, if I went into business making adorable children, I'd be a friggen zillionaire! Check out this perfect piece of pediatric artwork and tell me you don't want one of your very own for a simple $50,000!
(Madeline is the beautifule blonde in the middle!)

2 comments:

in a word said...

Very true about the making beautiful kids/being zillionaires part. I think I'll send that picture and several others in to agencies and see what comes back.

S said...

Define "agencies" please?