Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I'm so sick.

I've been in bed since Monday afternoon.

Luckily this turned out to be a transition week. I got a new full-time job that I start this Monday. BSU was kind enough to find a replacement, since I applied for the job before they offered me the teaching assignment. The new instructor took over today, so my last class was Monday, followed by meetings with the department chair and the "new girl."

This group of students seemed like a great bunch. Even though I'm still new at this stuff, having 3 years under my belt has really made me realize what matters in a classroom and how to balance that with learning! The people are what really matter in a learning environment. If they feel secure and respected and like what they think and say and do really matters, what follows is a piece of cake. Ending a class is always so difficult for me, because I really care about the learners as individuals. However, this is a change that is right for the time and I couldn't be happier ( well, I could if I weren't so damn sick!).

I've been thinking a lot this week about a couple people that I've lost touch with over the last couple years. I really want to reconnect and am not sure how to find them.

If by some miracle, Chad & Josephine Anderson stumble across this site, please contact me. I miss you and Drew, Dylan, and Cassie. Last I heard they were living in Illinois somewhere, but I'm hoping they have come back to the homeland and might do a google search of their old friend Stacey Steinkopf!

I'm also thinking lots about Heidi Wolf--now married Thoennes. After I complete this post I'll do a little search for her, I think she is employed by the same law firm and perhaps I can touch base with her that way. She sent me an e-mail a long time ago and I got busy and lazy and never responded. I suck. I miss her a lot. She taught me so much about life and was my greatest fan when it came to college and grad. school stuff. An educated woman who can stay grounded and still kick some major ass!

My wedding is in just over 90 days. Justin called to check on the status of my dress and they said it should be in this week. I should go into the shop and scope out the undergarment situation before I schedule my fitting--these knockers of mine are going to be bolted down and shoved together. I've never worn a strapless gown or a strapless anything in my entire life! When I was in my cousin's wedding our dresses were off the shoulder and I remember hating how my boobs looked/felt that day.

The boy and I are going to look at a townhome on Friday morning. We would be the first people living there and it wouldn't be an apartment! The rent isn't much more than Justin pays for his apartment right now and it has a garage and we aren't responsible for any maintenance or anything. If we could put our deposit down that day (we already drove by it and it looks perfect) and Justin can put his 30 day notice on his apartment when he pays rent on the first, then we'd have the entire month of February to move his stuff and most of mine into the place. THEN in March and April we can relax and after the wedding not have to worry about getting me moved out of where I now live and all that crap.

I've been working my assssssss off to pay off credit cards and my truck loan so that when we get married all I have are my student loans AND the wedding is all paid for, aside from little stuff that we are setting money aside for. It feels really good to be out from under financial burden. It's so oppressive.

Time to head back to bed. I finished my hot tea and bit my tongue SO hard it's numb when I was eating an orange.

E-mails can be sent to stein@paulbunyan.net

Be well.




No comments: