Tuesday, July 22, 2008


Over the course of the last week I have tried to publish about 4 different posts and each time it cycles and cycles and then comes back with an error and I lose everything except the first few sentences of what I had written. It's not that I had anything so exciting or interesting to say, but it makes me feel like doing murder when that happens!


So, here I am, trying it AGAIN while Madeline watches Sesame Street and I sort through pictures from my cousin's wedding. It was a pleasant trip to Minneapolis and I had a few too many cocktails and look like shit in pretty much all of the photos. Stacey+drinking=dancing=sweating=ugly.


However, I have attached a photo of brother sharing a piece of ham with his fiance'. Pretty friggen romantic?
Husband's job is talking about sending us to Kansas in late October. I don't think I'd mind skipping a Minnesota winter this year. I mostly want to NOT feel like my brain and body are turning to mush by being a stay at home mom. Madeline and I were out for a walk this morning and I found myself conversing with her about doggies and bunnies and other lame shit in the neighborhood. I think the people who say being a stay at home mom is so fulfilling are big liars. Maybe I'm not creative enough? Maybe my expectations are too high? Maybe my life prior to having a child was pretty challenging and satisfying and making such an extreme shift is like culture shock?
I am disappointed in myself for learning character names on Sesame Street and that I can recognize a boy named Caliou and an animal/boy named Arthur and that I count and recite numbers and letters in any given everyday situation. What happens when Madeline gets older and goes to school? I'll be left a retarded old lady with nothing but my morning public television line up!

4 comments:

in a word said...

That is a very creative/disturbing observation/description of your plight. I don't think that it's a question of your not being creative enough. It would seem that career stay at home moms are, what's the term... bat shit crazy.

S said...

Ummmm, thanks?

aintshakespeare said...

What's worse? You knowing the name of the bald boy on Public TV or me knowing that you spelled it wrong?

(Caillou)

ps. I don't think you qualify just yet as "bat-shit crazy." Not yet.

S said...

Shazam!
That is funny! How do you handle more than one child?
My daughter is a total rockstar and I love her, but I wish she would just get a job or do something productive once in a while.