Sunday, April 27, 2008

We got another 16+ inches of snow this weekend. Seriously? What is going on? My sisters and I had a girls' night scheduled with my mom for Friday night in Brainerd. I left town around 1:30 pm and it was just very cold. As I got closer to the Brainerd Lakes area the white shit was flying.
I ended up not being able to come home yesterday. I got on the road around 7:00 a.m. today, hoping to make it back in time to go to church with Justin and Madeline at 10:00. Normally the drive would take 2 hours at the most. Today it took me 4 hours. Yes.
I spun out twice and had to be towed out once. No damage to me or the vehicle. I drank lots of water and smoked a couple cigs I found in my truck, while listening to a couple cd's I purchased at Friday night's concert. No, I'm not a habitual smoker, so don't judge me.
Why did I even start this post? I don't feel like writing and can't think.

I do have to tell something funny though. When we were at the concert Friday night, there was an old lady wearing a fanny pack. My sister leaned over and said, "FP at 11:00."
Several years ago she came with me to work at a booth at the Minneapolis Sport Show. There were an insane number of people in sweat pants and/or wearing fanny packs. We started to point them out to eachother by saying SP and FP.
So we were chuckling about the FP on Friday night and thought it would be funny if everyone on the Rosa Parks party bus in May had to wear fanny packs and could not be allowed to carry purses or wallets. I explained it would be for the best anyway, because it would afford so much more freedom. Then I came up with the brainiac idea to call fanny packs FREEDOM PURSES!

I love it and need to TM the name.

1 comment:

in a word said...

We should buy FPs for everyone for every holiday or birthday.