Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Have you ever cared deeply for someone, only to find the caring, well, the depth anyway, not returned? It's strange to say that this is the first time in my life this is happening to me--if only I could be guaranteed the last. I've only ever been on the other end of a situation like this and could never have guessed it hurt this much. As painful as it may be, the reality is that you can't make someone love you.

How do I reach a resolution then? With time? Distance? Having seen the heart of someone who is everything I've wanted and even given them a glimpse of my heart, only to have it handed back to me, makes me feel lost. I know why and I tell him it's ok and that I understand, so it's easier for him. Truth is, I don't understand. If he felt and saw with his heart and not his head, things would be different.

Being alone never felt as lonely as it does today.

No comments: