Monday, February 27, 2006

Funny Story?

Last Friday I was supposed to have a facial & body mud mask thing because this "spa" was running a special deal for the last week of February. Unfortunately we got nearly a foot of snow and I had to reschedule. I don't know what I was thinking scheduling it for Monday at 6pm. Even on a GREAT day I NEVER am done at 6pm. Today was not even close to a great day. We had a shit storm of claims and I was all over the place looking at vehicles and completing in-person contacts. Of course 3 of my vehicles ended up being total losses as well. Imagine a 1990 Beretta with minimal damage--the guy was shocked that it costs more to repair it than it would to total it. ALSO ends up that I used to work with this guy back in high school! The day was just full of strange kinds of things.

Only by the grace of God was I able to shove some stuff onto tomorrow's schedule and make it to my appointment at 6:05pm.

I am led into this back room by a lady who just came in from having a cigarette and was coughing about 4.3 pints of mucus. Then she hands me a gown that I mistook for a skirt kind of thing and I walk into the treatment room wearing my satin blue bra & this wierd velcro fabric as a skirt. She started laughing and told me it was supposed to be to wrap around my top and that I was supposed to keep my pants on (?). I'm like, "uhhhh, I thought I was having a facial and a mud treatment."
"You are, but we'll just do your top today!"

oooohhh kay then!

I feel humiliated for some silly reason and go adjust my attire.

I come back and she's doing my facial and all of a sudden farts louder than all hell near my face when she was turned around to get a towel! Then I happened to have a tiny teeny red spot on my left shoulder & she started to pick at it! I swatted her hand away and was like, "I just remembered I have to be somewhere, so when you are done with the facial that will be all for today."

The remaining time there I kept thinking, "why can't I stand up to her and tell her I am not satisfied with her service or the fact that her stinky hands were on my face and smelled like ashtray?" I kept silent and even thanked her when it was all said and done!

Sometimes I think things like that are my fault--like I have some f'ed up lesson to learn. I always do that.

I have a clean face now. Was it worth $45? I'll get back to you on that.

No comments: