Sunday, January 26, 2003

Considering the idea of moonlighting a blog to track my progress upon reaching 16 weeks in the Weight Watchers program this week, I did a search for dieting blogs. This helped me get an idea of what to and not to do if/when I decide to create my own WW blog. After rinsing my eyes with bleach at the first 4 I looked through, I find one that was initially appealing. Big Fat Blog is neat and attractive in its appearance, giving me a tranquil, organized feel. However, the blog is full of activity once you get in. There is an option to comment in this particular blog to each post. I wonder if that makes it more of a forum...or not?

On a personal note, I felt the blog was too negative for me to consider a return visit. Too much time and space is committed to complaining about the oppression of overweight individuals. My reaction to that is that everyone has control over their lifestyle, some people choose not to exercise that control. It took me 25 years to come to that realization and with 32 pounds down, the constantly lingering thought is, "Why did I choose to exist this long, this way?"

No comments: