Saturday, January 18, 2003

It's been just over 24 hours since my very first post here and I've thought about where I want to go with this thing AT LEAST 15 times and still haven't made a decision. I suspect that I'll have one for the course work and one that I maintain outside of that. There are so many different things I want to do this for (thesis, coursework, CW, WW, etc.). I've been thinking about Dr. Christensen's comment regarding the level of "personalness" one should have while posting. If one maintains strictly a surface level of information, who is going to want to read it? Do we write it with any intention of appealing to an "audience?" Are we our own audience? I think I would be more comfortable with strangers reading my more personal thoughts because I don't have to look them in the eye every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10:00 a.m. They also don't determine my grade for the class! If I write about how rancid Marmite is, will Dr. Morgan scalp me? These are just a few pre-blogging thoughts. Time to get back to the world that is my reality--which you'll learn more about at a later date and time!

No comments: