Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Interesting and Sad!
A man committed suicide in his automobile recently. His wife was going to take their children and leave him. He decided he couldn't live that way and in an apparent rage left his home with a shotgun and drove on some country roads, damaging his truck and eventually stopped to shoot himself in the head.
The insurance claim(s) for the vehicle ended up in Justin's office and it has been very interesting to hear the process of handling such a tragic event. Fatality claims happen now and again, but this is not a regular happening by any stretch. Plus, we live in such a damn small world that I found out the man who died was a friend of my uncle, who lives in Minneapolis.
Yesterday the deputy who was involved in locating the vehicle stated that it was a terrible mess and they threw a tarp over the vehicle so that the tow truck driver wouldn't have to see the inside of the truck. Of course, Justin wants to be the one to inspect the vehicle all the more!
I don't know if he could handle that though. He's a major gagger and I'm afraid seeing a cab filled with blood and brains would have a bit of an affect on him. Ya think?
Suicide is icky. My dad's dad killed himself when my dad was a young boy. His mother (my dad's grandma) killed herself too. I wonder what takes hold of people and makes them feel THAT hopeless? I think that people who committ suicide are not in their right minds and something just snaps I suppose.
Anyway, who has the Easter Bunny coming to their house?

1 comment:

in a word said...

The Easter bunny isn't coming this year. He found out that his wife is taking their 38 kids back home and they are moving in with her former college roommate, the Tooth Fairy.