Monday, March 10, 2008

It's Monday and our babysitter called in sick and I don't mind. Madeline has been glued to my side all morning and I'm glad I can be here for her.



Last night I was trying to organize our home videos and figure out what was actually on what tapes and lable the cases and bla bla bla. It made me happy and sad to see how much our life/lives have changed in the last few years. Justin's graduate school commencement was on one of the tapes and though there was more footage of funny-looking people than of the actual commencement I forgot how proud I was of him for all that he accomplished on that day.



Then there were clips of Madeline and I in the hospital from when she was born and more footage from our time living in Minneapolis, when life was much more simple and we didn't have much of anything. Sometimes I wonder if having more money is worth all of the headache.

Anyway, my pity party has ended. I'm feeling loads better---my head has mostly cleared up and I'm on the mend. Thank you for your support and prayers! I'm so grateful to have such wonderful friends and an incredible church community. It's been overwhelming--in a good way. So I was way further in this post and Madeline was wrestling me with the laptop and slammed it shut and I lost a couple paragraphs and don't feel like retyping. I called Justin and asked if there was a way to change the settings so the computer doesn't auto-shutdown just from closing the latptop and he just laughed at me. I hate technology and he thinks I'm completely ridiculous.

If it were up to me, I'd be penpals with ya'll and we'd send REAL letters every few days through snail mail and I'd be happy as hell! Why don't people write letters anymore? Do any of you?

Has spring sprung where any of you live? Not here yet. As Mike said yesterday, maybe the groundhog died? It's not really an issue of seeing his shadow or not, he just crapped out and froze to death. When I checked the temp at mid-morning it was 16 degrees F. F is right!
I think Farenheit is german for a curse word about it being so cold. Whatever, that was lame.

Mr. Rogers is on and they are playing guitar to a lady in the land of make believe. Trolley is having problems going to sleep, so she's trying to help him. How nice.

Ooooohhh, it was Lady Elaine! She didn't knock on the tree before coming in and someone was upset. Ahhh, the trials and tribulations of life.

1 comment:

in a word said...

We don't write letters anymore because people have lives that are too wired up for paper. That, and if we wrote letters to penpals, we'd be just like those two women in our building that write letters to penpals in jail and elsewhere who tried to get us in trouble with their letters and did not succeed. And, I get feels that your no getting sexy time...