Friday, March 14, 2008

TGIF

This has been the longest week of my life. Well, probably not of my life, but it felt like it dragged on and on and onnnnnnnnnnn.

Tonight some people from Justin's office are coming over for dinner and drinks. Our nanny is having Maddie at her house for a few hours while we entertain. I'm actually looking forward to the festivities. I used to work in this office when Justin was in grad. school and they are great people! I was busy this morning assembling a variety of Mexican dishes, cleaning house and trying to entertain my little one.

Does anyone out there watch "Little House on the Prairie" on tv or dvd/video? Since our cable downgrade, one of our afternoon pleasures has been 2:00 pm Little House on Hallmark Channel. I could watch it all day, everyday for the rest of my life and still never tire. Can you imagine being alive back then? What's the hardest job any of ya'll has had? I'm very interested.
My hardest job was probably during college--working summers in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area for a canoe outfitter. We worked 6 days a week, 12 hour days. There were no phones or tv or internet or anything like that. We were 55 miles from the nearest town, which wasn't saying much. I did that for 3 summers and the owners are now like my second parents. It was SO hard, but one of the most character shaping times of my life.

Ok, I should get back to things. Laura just got in trouble because Mr. Edwards was teaching her how to spit. How do you spit?

2 comments:

in a word said...

I guess pioneer women didn't swallow. Back in those days, it was considered crude.

S said...

Sick.