Thursday, February 07, 2008

Folks, we have set a record!

I got some sleep!!!!!!
My previous post was rudely halted by my daughter. I think our babysitter didn't feed her yesterday morning because she was a bottomless pit when we got home and was chasing me around the apartment begging for crackers and shit.

Anyway, I went back to the doc yesterday and had some shit done and snot tested and x-rayed and didn't really find out too much. I got a prescrip for different cough medicine but when I got to the pharmacy to pick it up, they said it had been stopped being manufactured 2 weeks ago, then just stared at me.

Me: Ok, so you called my doctor to let her know then and she ordered something else?

Pharmacy Hag: Is that what you'd like us to do?

Me: Ummm, no, I think I'll just go back home and continue to be miserable enough that in another 24 hours I'll want to come and blow this place up!

Me (what I really said): Uhhhh, yeah! Did you really need my permission to go ahead and do that?

SO they call and she's with a patient so I wander the friggen pharmacy and end up with a basket full of $60 in crap I don't need but looked awesome, only to check back and have them say, "oh, we meant to page you! Oops. Your doctor is in with a patient so we had to leave a message and will have to wait for her to call."

Anyway, long story not as long: I got some new drugs around 5pmish and have been able to assume horizontal positioning! (When I was younger I could never remember the difference between vertical and horizontal, so I thought that whores are always horizontal! It totally works, I never screw it up anymore.)
Granted, it's 4:00 in the morning and I'm recovering from a fit, but I actually slept in a bed for several hours in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took a dose at 9pm and went to bed with my daughter and we both passed out. I woke up an hour or 2 later to get a drink and take some over the counter stuff and Justin made me switch rooms. I cried because I miss my bed and hate the guest bed, but it's for the best right now. I went back to sleep and woke up at 1:30 to check and see what time it was and marvel at the fact that I had slept. Then at 3:30 I was choking and gagging and attacking but THRILLED at the time!

I took another teaspoon of the magical potion and a few saltines cuz the stuff makes me a little barfy. I'm sitting here excited to go back into the guest room and sleep for 3 more hours on the bed I hate. I really am happy!

Other personalities begin to surface when I'm severely sleep deprived. I'll happily put them to bed, hopefully for more than a few hours.

My husband will be thrilled.

An adult that is sick for an extended period of time without something like cancer just gets annoying, right? Friends and family have asked, "how are you feeling?"
My response has mostly been, "shitty, still awful."
Their response to my lack of optimism, "not better at all? You have to be getting better a little bit, aren't you?"
To this I say, "no."
"Well, I'm sure you must be feeling better than you were, so that's what counts!" Thanks mom!

I'm a terrible closer and ender of posts. I'm not used to writing without Maddie trying to climb all over me and banging on the keyboard.

Justin and I are trying to plan a 30th birthday surprise for our friend Katie and nobody is getting back to us about whether they can attend.

Next post: RSVP'ing. Do your friggen job!

1 comment:

aintshakespeare said...

"Barfy"

Now that's a great word.

Sadly, I will not be using the whorizontal technique to explain to my children the difference between verticle and horizontal. Though it certainly is a good word clue.

And I totally understand about the pressure to get better.
Me: -cough-cough-
Boss: So you feeling better today?
Me: No. I only came to work because you made me feel like a crook for taking yesterday off.
Boss: That's nice. Chin up.
Boss's facial expression: You lazy bastard.

You'll get better soon. The only other option is to die. That probably won't happen. ;)