Thursday, February 07, 2008

She's Like the Wind?

I'm getting ready to head for bed, but am wrapping up a few birthday greetings on myspace and whatnot. I have Law & Order: Criminal Intent on in the background and this commercial for the something Kennel Club just aired and has been on USA non-stop for the last few days.

Animals and I don't mix. I think they are germy and sheddy and yucky. I'll never understand these clubs and fancy shows for ugly-ass dogs that people think are totally beautiful. What hurts me the most is that they have taken Patrick Swayze's song "She's Like the Wind" as the music to this advertisement for the show. It shows long-hair dogs with their fur blowing in the wind and crying in slow-motion with this song playing.

I totally don't get it. I used to love that song but feel like Pat has entered a whole new level of desperation to allow his art to be sold to the dogs.

Why, Pat? Why did you do it?

2 comments:

in a word said...

I'm fairly certain that Patrick Swayze is in dire need of cash... and all those dogs are his.

aintshakespeare said...

Wasn't Patrick Swayze discovered at a Kennel Club function? He won best in show, right? Isn't he a Lasa Aspo? You gotta remember your roots.