Thursday, February 14, 2008


So, around Christmas time my brother was coming out of his part-time second job at a gym, which is next door to a beauty school or shop or something and saw 6 or 8 mannequin (Sp? i'm too lazy to look) heads in a dumpster. With Jesus' birthday around the corner and all, he rescued the lovely ladies and threw them in his trunk. My family plays spoons and dice for totally ridiculously stoooopid "gifts" and these heads are exactly perfect.

Before they ever made their way to a holiday celebration, my brother put his g/f's sunglasses and winter hat on "Debra" and set her on the landing of their townhome and scared the heck out of her. Then Debra spent the night in the bathroom waiting for my brother's early morning shower--another scare. After another few pranks in the freezer and the microwave she made her way up north to Christmas. She's been passed around and scared us all a few times.

When we went on our vacation at the beginning of January, I was a moron and got some braids at one of our stops in Mexico. As I was exiting, Justin had me pose for this picture with Debra's cousins. Neat, huh?

****************************************************************

So it's VD. I've never been all that big on VD. I'm a nerd that buys cards and crap for people for no apparent reason year round, so I don't feel all that compelled to do so on a day that everyone else in the universe is doing the same thing.
Some of it may have to do with the fact that I was single every VD until I was engaged to my now favorite husband.

Ack, ya know, I don't feel like writing about anything really. We have had a crappy couple days here. I suspect people are feeling a little tired of winter and they start complaining about every miserable thing they can think of and assume I care because I am getting paid and forced to listen to them. Truth be told, I often DO care and am a fantastic listener. I just can't stand drama and people who thrive on it.

I wish I had something smart and funny to end with. Husband and I are going out for a late dinner and will probably do some analyzation of the last few days. What did we learn? etc. etc.

I'd appreciate any and all motivational comments.

No comments: