Monday, February 25, 2008

What in the heck?!

Around 7:30 this evening our clinic's phone number showed up on our caller ID. Strange, but I thought maybe Madeline's pediatrician was following up because of a call I placed earlier today (Maddie's broken out in some hive-like full body rash). It ended up being MY doctor. She asked how I was doing, then said she was calling to discuss my lab results from my physical last Friday. Everything appears ok, she had some modifications of my current vitamin supplement regimine/regime (?). Then she says, "by the way, when you were here, did we do a papsmear?"

HUH?

Somewhat caught off guard I respond, "well, I'm not sure if a papsmear is a routine part of a pelvic exam, but you were doing something in my business that I assumed was a papsmear."

She proceeds to say that she knew that and apparently she and the stand-in nurse who "roomed me" that day kept saying I did not have a papsmear and my "smear" seems to have grown legs or maybe already had something with legs in it and gone far away OR it might still be on it's way to Fargo, where the testing is done.

Awesome. Totally awesome.

After further discussion we agreed that she would have my name flagged in the computer system and if the "swab" was tracked down she'd let me know. If it wasn't, I'd need to go back to the clinic and have it redone, of course at no charge. Ya think?

What's even more interesting is the day I actually had the physical, I had to go back because the lab farcked up and misplaced/damaged my blood and had to totally redraw everything.

Am I on a screwy episode of Candid Camera? It's almost like I didn't even go that morning. Maybe I didn't?

Maybe God thinks I need to be inconvenienced some more and have ANOTHER pointless visit to the doctor.

Where the hell do I live????

1 comment:

Renee said...

They are going to make you do that again? I hate that. I hope they find your sample.